Japan Meteorological Corporation(4-20 Ohbuka-cho, Kita-ku, Osaka City, Osaka, Japan; Grand Front Osaka Tower A 29F; Masanori Suzuki, Representative Director; hereinafter referred to as the "Our Company") is a weather and disaster prevention professional, and the purpose of its activities is to "help people, create the future, and protect the Earth. In order to realize this purpose, we recognize the importance of proper handling of personal information. Therefore, we have established a policy to ensure the appropriate protection of customer information and information assets in our Information Security Policy.
In order to ensure the appropriate protection and use of our customers' personal information, and to appropriately respond to the advancement of information technology, and to work as an organization to ensure the proper handling of personal data in accordance with the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" (the "Personal Information Protection Act"), we have established the following Personal Information Protection Policy (hereinafter referred to as the "Policy") has been established as the basic policy regarding personal information handled in the course of the Company's business activities.
1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Collection of personal information
Whenever we request personal information from our customers, we will clearly state in advance the purpose of use, etc., and collect such information within an appropriate scope.
We will use the collected personal information for the following purposes.
- Use of personal information
We will use personal information appropriately within the scope necessary to achieve the following purposes of use.
- Identification and personal authentication of customers
- Response to customer inquiries, consultation, and support
- Response to orders and applications from customers
- Guidance and provision of our services to customers
- Development of services that meet the needs of customers and improvement of service quality
- Improvement and enhancement of the customer experience in the services we provide (including digital services such as websites and mobile apps)
- Providing information and advertising regarding services, campaigns, events, etc., as well as drawing lots and sending prizes
- To analyze the demographic information and behavioral history, etc. obtained by the Company in order to understand the interests and concerns of our customers
- To safely provide our products and services to our customers
- To conduct questionnaire surveys and analysis related to the Company's various business operations
- Matters related to the Company's website and mobile applications provided by the Company (e-mail addresses, application usage history, action and location information history, information entered by customers on the applications, etc.)
2. Povision of personal information to third parties
We will not provide your personal information to any third party (including parties located outside of Japan) without your consent, except in the following cases.
- When we have obtained prior consent from the customer
- When outsourcing to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- When personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to merger or other reasons
- When the provision of personal information is required by law
- When it is necessary for the protection of human life, human health, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the customer's consent
- When it is necessary to cooperate with national or local governments in the execution of their legally mandated duties, and obtaining the customer's consent may interfere with the execution of those duties
3. Management of personal information
We appropriately manages personal information provided by customers in Japan.
In protecting and managing personal information, we take the following safety control measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal data and for other safety control of personal data (information security measures).
- Establishment of a person responsible for handling personal information and clarification of his/her role
- Clarification of employees who handle personal information and the scope of personal information handled by such employees, and establishment of a system for reporting to the person in charge in the event that a violation of the Personal Information Protection Law or internal regulations concerning the handling of personal information is detected or any indication of such a violation, or the occurrence or indication of a leakage of personal data.
- Regularly educate employees on the handling of personal information
- Control access to areas where personal information is handled by employees, limit the equipment they bring in, and implement measures to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing personal information
- Implementation of access control measures to limit the scope of personal information handled by those in charge of handling personal information and the personal information databases, etc. handled.
4. Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, etc. of Personal Information
- We will accept requests from our customers for disclosure, etc. (meaning notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use or provision to a third party, and disclosure of records of provision to a third party. The same applies hereinafter.) in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Law.
① Notification of purpose of use or disclosure of retained personal data or records of provision to a third party
When a customer requests us to notify the purpose of use or to disclose retained personal data or records provided to a third party, the customer may make such a request in accordance with procedures separately established by us, except in the following cases.
- Disclosure may harm the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the customer or a third party
- When there is a risk that disclosure may significantly hinder the proper execution of our business
- When disclosure would violate laws and regulations
- When it cannot be confirmed that the request for disclosure is from the customer himself/herself
Please note that a disclosure fee may be charged in accordance with procedures separately established by the Company when requesting notification of the purpose of use or disclosure of retained personal data or records of provision to a third party.
② Correction, addition, and deletion
Customers may request the correction, addition, or deletion of retained personal data in accordance with procedures separately established by the Company. In such cases, the Company will investigate without delay to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use, and correct, add, or delete such retained personal data based on the results of such investigation.
③ Cessation of Use or Cessation of Provision to Third Parties
Customers may request the Company to cease use or cease provision to third parties of their retained personal data in accordance with procedures separately established by the Company. In such cases, the Company will respond appropriately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law.
- When making a request under the preceding paragraphs, please send the following information and other information and materials as prescribed by the Company.
- ① Name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address
- ② Details of the request
- ③ Identification documents
5. Handling of Personal Information on the Company's Website and Mobile Apps
The Company's website uses SSL (Secure Sockets layer) encryption technology to encrypt communications to ensure security.
Some parts of our website use IP addresses and a common technology called cookies in order to provide smooth service to our customers. Cookies allow us to record information about your visits to our website so that the next time you visit our website, you will be able to use it smoothly.
We may obtain information about the device you are using (OS, ad ID, computer name, language settings, etc.). We may also link this information to an internal identifier that we have assigned to you. This information is used to provide better service, to verify your identity, and to prevent fraudulent activities that may interfere with the normal provision of service.
Some of the services provided by the Company acquire and use the location information of the customer's device in order to provide information on weather and disaster prevention in the current location.
Location information is obtained from a customer's device only when the customer consents to the use of such information and when the device is configured to obtain information from the location information. The acquired information is used within the scope of the purpose.
- Cookies are functions that record information about a user's visit to a website on the user's computer. Cookies do not contain personally identifiable information such as names or e-mail addresses.
- Customers can stop the acquisition of location information by turning off the location information function on their devices.
6. Contact for inquiries
If you have any comments or questions regarding this policy, or any other inquiries regarding the handling of personal information, or requests based on "4. Procedures for Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, etc. of Personal Information" please contact us using the form (https://n-kishou.com/corp/english/inquiry)
The Company has established ISMS (Information Security Management System) regulations, complies with related laws and regulations, and strives to maintain a reliable information security management system.
August 22, 2016 Establishment
January 1, 2023 Final revision